[News] GNU/Linux Has Massive Opening in China as Microsoft Wants to Charge Users

  • Subject: [News] GNU/Linux Has Massive Opening in China as Microsoft Wants to Charge Users
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 22:54:44 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft willing to avoid China due to piracy

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer admitted his
| company is looking to expand outside of China
| due to the countryâs disappointing stance on
| software piracy that runs rampant within its
| borders.
|
| Shifting focus from China to other Asian
| nations is a risky gamble for PC hardware and
| software makers, as China has more than 1
| billion people â and a growing number of tech
| savvy consumers â but just 1 percent of
| Microsoftâs current revenue come from the
| country.
`----

http://www.myce.com/news/microsoft-willing-to-avoid-china-due-to-piracy-30162/

"It's easier for our software to compete with Linux when there's piracy
than when there's not."

                   --Bill Gates

Recent:

Microsoft: âPiracy no longer poses a threat to usâ

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://freakbits.com/microsoft-piracy-no-longer-poses-a-threat-to-us-1202