[News] Fog Computing -- Not Just Proprietary Software - a Barrier to GNU/Linux Freedom

  • Subject: [News] Fog Computing -- Not Just Proprietary Software - a Barrier to GNU/Linux Freedom
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 15:37:22 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux Desktop Success Not in the Clouds

,----[ Quote ]
| The wild success of Linux in embedded
| space would lead to application
| development on an unprecedented scale for
| the various mobile Internet devices, which
| would lead to a renaissance of application
| development on the Linux desktop, which in
| turn would lead to the Ultimate Success of
| Linux on the Desktop and a world where we
| will finally get to say "This is the year
| of the $Expletive! Linux desktop."
`----

http://www.itworld.com/open-source/110034/linux-desktop-success-not-clouds

Well past the technical tipping point from now on...

Passionate about ... Operating Systems

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux's answer to that is pretty easy. Linux
| is in and of itself a good work. It helps
| people the world over. You can learn how to
| write code from it. You can learn how an OS
| works from it. It powers things like the OLPC
| XO series of computers.
`----

http://on-being-open.blogspot.com/2010/06/passionate-about-operating-systems.html

MSI 890GXM-G65

,----[ Quote ]
| About a month ago we reviewed the AMD Athlon
| II X3 425 processor when coupled with an AMD
| 890GX + SB850 motherboard and in this review
| we are taking a closer look at that
| motherboard under Linux.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=msi_890gx&num=1

Hardware compatibility is rarely even an issue anymore.

Recent:

Linuxcare returns with focus in the cloud

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/16119/linuxcare_returns