[News] New Release of Pardus GNU/Linux: 2009.2 (With KDE SC 4.4.4)

  • Subject: [News] New Release of Pardus GNU/Linux: 2009.2 (With KDE SC 4.4.4)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 16:30:50 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Pardus 2009.2 Geronticus eremita

,----[ Quote ]
| The new updated version of Pardus 2009,
| Pardus 2009.2 Geronticus eremita announced
| with the new technologic features.
| Updates in Pardus Technologies
|
| Core Pardus technologies are updated to new
| versions, including many bugfixes,
| optimizations and new features.
|
| Pardus manager family has been refactored and
| optimized for new KDE 4.4 / Qt 4.6
| environments. Pardus KDE tools, Network
| Plasmoid for easy network profile switching
| and Service Plasmoid for easy service
| management are available in our repositories.
| These plasmoids can be placed either on the
| desktop, or any of the panels on the desktop
| for easier access.
`----

http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng/news/pardus-20092-geronticus-eremita/

Pardus Linux 2009.2 Has KDE SC 4.4.4

,----[ Quote ]
| The Pardus development team released a few
| minutes ago the new Pardus 2009.2 Linux-based
| operating system. Powered by the Linux kernel
| 2.6.31.13 and built on top of the newly
| released KDE Software Compilation 4.4.4
| environment, Pardus 2009.2 (codename
| Geronticus eremita) comes with an amazing
| installer and bleeding-edge applications such
| as the OpenOffice.org office suite 3.2.1.3,
| the Mozilla Firefox 3.6.3 web browser or The
| GIMP 2.6.8 image editor.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Pardus-Linux-2009-2-Has-KDE-SC-4-4-4-143842.shtml

Recent:

Preview: Pardus 2009.2 Release Candidate

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://cristalinux.blogspot.com/2010/06/preview-pardus-20092-release-candidate.html