[News] Many New Tablets Run Linux, Reviewed

Dell Streak heads stateside as Android tablets mount up at Computex

,----[ Quote ]
| Formally announced early last week, the
| Dell Streak features a five-inch
| capacitive, multitouch touchscreen with
| WVGA resolution, a 1GHz Qualcomm
| Snapdragon processor, and voice telephony.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Dell-Streak-and-Compal-MSI-Samsung-tablets/?kc=rss

Hands On With the Dell Streak

,----[ Quote ]
| The Dell Streak, an Android-powered
| smartphone with a five-inch screen, got a
| boost at the D8 conference Wednesday night
| when Dell executive Ron Garriques said it
| would be available this July, both from a
| U.S. carrier and direct on Dell.com. We
| got some time with a nearly final model
| Thursday, and even made a phone call.

SCOOP: Sneak peak at Intelâs âRedvaleâ concept Atom slate!

,----[ Quote ]
| Plenty of pics as we get hands on with
| Intelâs slim slate, codenamed âRedvaleâ,
| which runs MeeGo 1.1 open source mobile OS
| on an Atom Moorestown platform.
`----

http://apcmag.com/intel-atom-redvale-slate-tablet-concept.htm

Kakai Kno: Linux-based Tablet/e-Reader with two 14.1â touchscreens

http://en.akihabaranews.com/49325/e-book/kakai-kno-linux-based-tablete-reader-with-two-14-1-touchscreens

Kno Tablet and Project Natal at D8

,----[ Quote ]
| The device, which uses Nvidia's Tegra
| processor, can be used as a notebook with
| an onscreen or Bluetooth keyboard, and has
| a stylus.  It is Linux-based with Flash
| support and a full browser, and the
| company says they believe it will have 6
| to 8 hours of battery life.
`----

http://blogs.pcmag.com/miller/2010/06/kno_tablet_and_project_natal_a.php

Kno Reader â the Courierâs enormous, Linux-based cousin

,----[ Quote ]
| This Linux-based eReader rocks two 14.1â
| capacitive IPS displays, making the device
| closer in size to a newspaper than a book.
`----

http://www.wirelessgoodness.com/2010/06/02/kno-reader-the-couriers-enormous-linux-based-cousin/

Kno Is another Tablet Device

,----[ Quote ]
| The device is known as the Kno. It boasts
| of dual 14-inch screens and is based on
| the Linux operating system. The device is
| designed for students and is expected to
| appear in the market at the end of the
| year. Still it is not officially
| confirmed, but the device will be
| available for under $1,000.