[News] KDE SC 4.5 Previews and Analysis

Quicklaunch plasmoid in KDE SC 4.5

,----[ Quote ]
| Of course, there is still a lot of work to
| do. I've already got a few ideas for the
| future of quicklaunch, but since KDE SC is
| currently in it's beta phase, these will
| have to wait until trunk unfreezes for the
| 4.6 cycle. In the meantime, if you've got
| the chance to have a look at the new
| qucklaunch plasmoid and you'd like to
| share some feedback (be it positive or
| negative), please let me know.
`----

http://ingomar.wesp.name/2010/06/quicklaunch-plasmoid-in-kde-sc-45.html

A Quick Look at KDE SC 4.5 Beta 1

,----[ Quote ]
| Window Tiling
|
| This is a feature a lot of people have
| been asking for. I have never really used
| a tiled window arrangement. I suspect that
| this would be good for people with large
| monitors, who work on multiple
| applications at once â for example
| developers, journalists or technical
| writers. However, on my 13 inch laptop
| screen, thereâs just not enough screen
| real estate for tiling to be practical.
| Itâs difficult to say whether this is a
| good or bad implementation of window
| tiling. Given Iâve never really played
| with window tiling, Iâll leave such an
| analysis to the those users who are tiling
| junkies.
`----

http://everydaylht.com/2010/06/05/a-quick-look-at-kde-sc-4-5-beta-1/

KDE Partition Manager: New PartWidget Design

http://blog.volker-lanz.de/2010/06/06/kde-partition-manager-new-partwidget-design/

Netbook and performance

,----[ Quote ]
| Right now, as in KDE SC 4.5 and Qt 4.6/4.7
| is still not for everyday use, is still
| not so stable and there are some graphical
| glithces (this actually varies from a
| graphics driver/video card model like
| crazy) but what is encouraging is that
| since this feature was introduced (Qt 4.4)
| it came a very long way, it's really sooo
| better than when it was originally out.
`----

http://www.notmart.org/index.php/Software/Netbook_and_performance

KDE 4.4 is _fantastic_!

Recent:

Fluffy

,----[ Quote ]
| It all started out with Parley. We justed
| wanted to test the amazing theming
| capabilities in the upcoming 4.5 release
| of Parley, and eventually we ended up
| doing a whole distribution :-) Parley is a
| wonderful application that helps you learn
| all those beautiful languages out there
| using a flash card approach and an
| incredibly magnificant grading technique,
| so that you always know where you stand.
| Our Fluffy Bunny theme will also be part
| of the regular Parley release. So also
| users of other distributions will be able
| to enjoy our work.
`----

http://apachelog.wordpress.com/2010/06/04/fluffy/

KDE 4.4.5 is scheduled