[News] Sub-notebooks and Google's GNU/Linux Distribution Suitable for Adoption

  • Subject: [News] Sub-notebooks and Google's GNU/Linux Distribution Suitable for Adoption
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 22:41:40 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Is Chrome OS right for the netbook market?

,----[ Quote ]
| In the emerging netbook market, Google
| decided it would announce a new-style
| Linux-based OS that would be perfect for
| netbook owners, set for release in Q4
| 2010. Recently, Google has also showed off
| a new application market for Chrome and
| Chrome OS. We at The PC Report have used
| Chrome OS briefly when it was first
| released, but today weâve taken an in-
| depth look at the OS and how it will
| affect the OS and netbook markets.
`----

http://thepcreport.net/2010/06/is-chrome-os-right-for-the-netbook-market/

Could Chrome OS revive slumping netbook numbers?

,----[ Quote ]
| Googleâs focus is on netbooks at the moment,
| though todayâs announcement shows that Chrome
| OS will not be mutually exclusive to the
| netbook market but notebooks and fully-
| fledged laptops, perhaps desktops also.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/igeneration/could-chrome-os-revive-slumping-netbook-numbers/5205

ARM changes everything.

Recent:

Despite Intel backing, MeeGo Linux to support ARM chips

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.liliputing.com/2010/05/despite-intel-backing-meego-linux-to-support-arm-chips.html