[News] [Rival] Microsoft is Hit Severely (Down About 20% in Past Month+), Partly by Security Problems

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft is Hit Severely (Down About 20% in Past Month+), Partly by Security Problems
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 00:02:44 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft Takes Punches (MSFT)

,----[ Quote ]
| If that statement is true, Microsoft
| (MSFT: Charts, News, Offers) might want to
| hang their hat on that statement as the
| company took it on the chin again today
| with the announcement that Google (GOOG:
| Charts, News, Offers) is moving away from
| the Windows operating system because of
| security concerns.
`----

http://www.investorguide.com/article/6480/microsoft-takes-punches-msft/

Using Windows for a Day Cost Mac User $100,000

,----[ Quote ]
| Unfortunately for Green, that PC was the
| same computer his kids used to browse the
| Web, chat, and play games online. It was
| also the same computer that organized
| thieves had already compromised with a
| password-stealing Trojan horse program.
|
| A few days later, the crooks used those
| same credentials to steal nearly $100,000
| from the companyâs online accounts,
| sending the money in sub- $10,000 and
| sub-$5,000 chunks to 14 individuals across
| the United States.
`----

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2010/06/using-windows-for-a-day-cost-mac-user-100000/

Microsoft Issues Silverlight Fix

,----[ Quote ]
| Note: Much to my surprise, my Silverlight
| version went down, from 4.0.50541.0 to
| 4.0.50524.0, after I installed this update
| on a Vista system. I reported this to
| Microsoft through normal support channels
| and will report back with results.

ecurity bug bites 64-bit Windows 7

,----[ Quote ]

`----