[News] [Rival] Microsoft's Mobile Business is Dying

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's Mobile Business is Dying
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 00:05:16 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft's Mobile Flops

http://www.pcworld.com/article/198084/microsofts_mobile_mishaps.html

Ballmer: Microsoft Is Behind In The Mobile Market

http://www.itproportal.com/portal/news/article/2010/6/5/ballmer-microsoft-behind-mobile-market/

Windows Phone 7's future looks bright--until the numbers are crunched

,----[ Quote ]
| The Wall Street Journal reports that
| several current and former Microsoft
| employees express growing concern about
| the company's struggles in the consumer
| market, especially the mobile segment. So
| when the blogosphere erupted late last
| week with reports that Microsoft told a
| developer conference audience it expected
| sales of devices based on its forthcoming
| Windows Phone 7 OS to top 30 million by
| the end of 2011, citing market data from
| research firm IDC, more than a few
| onlookers did a double take. One problem:
| IDC has no idea where those numbers
| originated. "We don't know who used it and
| where it came from. It's kind of
| disturbing," IDC wireless analyst Will
| Stofega told The Seattle Times. "We're
| really pissed."
`----

http://www.fiercedeveloper.com/story/windows-phone-7s-future-looks-bright-until-numbers-are-crunched/2010-05-31

Microsoftâs mobile future questioned

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=16795&cpage=1

As phones go, Microsoft Kins are unrelated to real app gizmos

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20100531/COLUMNIST/5311018/2055/NEWS

Microsoft Kin Critics Venting On Facebook

http://news.google.com/news/url?fd=R&sa=T&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.crn.com%2Fmobile%2F225400009&usg=AFQjCNESNZ8wPgkinqNyXMzuy6Go9qrFvg

Recent:

Microsoft Has No Idea What To Do With The Kin

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.i4u.com/article33951.html