[News] [Rival] Xbox 360 Has Hardware Problem, More Lawsuits

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Xbox 360 Has Hardware Problem, More Lawsuits
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 00:21:36 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Xbox 360 Project Natal to cost $150?

,----[ Quote ]
| Rival Sony is releasing its PlayStation
| Move motion control system later this
| year, bundled with a game, for $100 USD.
`----

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2010/05/27/xbox_360_project_natal_to_cost_150

How To Fix Xbox 360 Red Ring Of Death (3 Red Lights) With Home Repair Solution?

http://www.mysoutex.com/pages/business_details/listing_details?id=25386507-how-to-fix-xbox-360-red-ring-of-death-3-red-lights-with-home-repair-solution

failure rates, which are a serious issue that's hardly discussed anymore

,----[ Quote ]
| Ex-Apple exec criticizes Ballmer over Xbox
| 360 high failure rate â Microsoft becoming
| irrelevant?
|
| In a surprising move, a former Apple exec
| heavily criticized Microsoftâs CEO Steve
| Ballmer over his conduct with Vista and
| the Xbox 360âs high failure rate issue.
| The former exec accused Ballmer of letting
| his âunderlingsâ take the fall while he
| remains unapologetic.
|
| Former Apple exec, Jean-Louis GassÃe wrote
| a lengthy piece warning shareholders to
| worry about Ballmer. According to GassÃe,
| Ballmer seems to be mismanaging Microsoft
| and shifting blame elsewhere.
`----

http://gamer.blorge.com/2010/06/01/ex-apple-exec-criticizes-ballmer-over-xbox-360-high-failure-rate-microsoft-becoming-irrelevant/

Three consoles later, hard-luck Xbox user seeks solace in court

,----[ Quote ]
| Lawsuits over Microsoft's Xbox 360
| hardware glitches are nothing new, and the
| company has acknowledged its past problems
| with a gigantic write-off and a warranty
| extension.
|
| But the latest proposed class-action suit
| against the company stands out for the
| sheer run of misfortune alleged by the
| plaintiff, Michael McKinney of Hamilton
| County, Ohio. Even better, McKinney's
| lawyer is one Eric Deters -- better known
| around Northern Kentucky as "The Bulldog"
| -- who comes complete with his own theme
| music.
`----

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2010/06/three_consoles_later_hard-luck_xbox_360_user_seeks_solace_in_court.html

Microsoft forced Bungie to accept 'Combat Evolved' name

,----[ Quote ]
| Bungie has revealed that Microsoft
| marketeers forced it to put the infamous
| 'Combat Evolved' tagline on its original
| Halo - something the studio said it
| "hated".
`----

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=249196

Related:

TSMC says Microsoft to use its 90 nm DRAM process for Xbox

,----[ Quote ]
| "Microsoft's selection of the TSMC 90nm eDRAM process for the graphics-rich
| Xbox 360 is an important validation of the capability and maturity of the
| technology," said John Wei, senior director of platform marketing, advanced
| technology division of TSMC, in a statement on its Web site.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUKTP16921320070816?rpc=44

Microsoft: XBox 360 Price Drop Won't Fix Broken Strategy

,----[ Quote ]
| So in the end, it doesnât matter if the 360 is $50 or even $100 less.
| Ultimately, the price cut will just reveal how niche the system has become.
|
| Exactly. Come on, guys. The blogosphere, be it the guys at GigaOM, Chris
| Kohler at Wired Game I Life or myself, have come up with some pretty rational
| approaches for how you can get it together. Unfortunately, however, our
| protestations seem to fall on deaf ears. Best of luck with your "winning
| strategy." I guess you know best.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070809/43985_id.html?.v=1

Cringely the Unemployable on the fallacy of Web 2.0, Microsoft ruthlessness,
and the CB radio of our decade

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html