[News] systemd is Coming to Linux, TurnKey Linux Now in Beta

  • Subject: [News] systemd is Coming to Linux, TurnKey Linux Now in Beta
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 18:36:50 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The road forward for systemd

,----[ Quote ]
| So it is not clear that any distribution will
| make the jump to systemd. But, then, even the
| above is a fair amount of attention for a
| project which has been public for less than
| one month. This program has reopened the
| discussion on how our systems should
| initialize themselves, and things may go on
| from there: there is talk of using systemd to
| take over the tasks of processes like cron
| and gnome-session. Regardless of who ends up
| running systemd, the ideas it expresses are
| likely to influence development for some
| time.
`----

https://lwn.net/Articles/389149/

TurnKey Linux launches private beta of TurnKey Hub, a new simplified cloud deployment service

GigaTux offers full Turnkey Linux suite, with half price VPSs

,----[ Quote ]
| GigaTux is proud to announce that we now support all versions of Turnkey
| Linux on our standard Virtual Private Server packages. Automatic installs and
| reinstalls of any Turnkey Operating System can be performed through the
| provided web interface, and basic support is provided.
`----

http://www.pr-inside.com/gigatux-offers-full-turnkey-linux-suite-r1432103.htm

TurnKey Linux Delivers Open Source Appliances

,----[ Quote ]
| Explaining how the servers are presented to users, a company spokesman said
| each of the 12 appliances is packaged as a single "universal" image that can
| install a pre-integrated turnkey server offering in a matter of minutes.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/software/linux/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=215801604&subSection=Operating+Systems

VPS.NET Offers Full Suite of Turnkey Linux Appliances

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.thewhir.com/web-hosting-news/061809_VPSNET_Offers_Full_Suite_of_Turnkey_Linux_A