[News] Signs That "Linux [is] REALLY Going Mainstream"

  • Subject: [News] Signs That "Linux [is] REALLY Going Mainstream"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 18:40:53 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

MeeGo, Android, ChromeOS - Signs of Linux REALLY Going Mainstream Finally?

,----[ Quote ]
| Ever since I have started learning and
| using Linux, this is something I always
| thought "was happening" and never knew
| when it will "really happen". And the
| thing is called mass Linux adoption. Why
| is it necessary? How is the likes of
| Android, MeeGo and Chrome OS is going to
| change the world as we know it forever?
| Let's explore.
`----

http://www.techdrivein.com/2010/06/meego-android-chromeos-signs-of-linux.html

Linux crash on a Plane!

,----[ Quote ]
| In the end, we can only hope that of the
| several networks likely running on a
| modern passenger jet, that true air-
| gapping is taking place and these systems
| are in no way connected to critical on-
| board networks. Time will tell if this is
| indeed the case. In the meantime, keep an
| eye out for those Linux boxes crashing on
| planes!
`----

http://voipsa.org/blog/2010/06/07/linux-crash-on-a-plane/

Sensationalism Isnât Helping Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| No matter the intent, sensationalist
| articles are not overall helpful or
| realistic when it comes to advancing
| Linux.  The only thing that will continue
| to help move Linux forward is action on
| the behalf of the community that supports
| it.  This includes developing the software
| to make it better than the competition and
| providing marketing support, which can
| include written articles.  Those articles
| need to be informative, however, and
| better educate users on what Linux is all
| about.  We need to be smart about this
| though, since there is a difference
| between the audience on CNET and
| LinuxInsider  â know to which audience you
| are writing.  Why continue to preach to
| the choir about how Linux is ready to
| dominate when we can go help it achieve
| the goals we write about so often?