[News] New Releases of GNU/Linux: VortexBox 1.4, Sabayon Linux x86/x86-64 5.3, and More

  • Subject: [News] New Releases of GNU/Linux: VortexBox 1.4, Sabayon Linux x86/x86-64 5.3, and More
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 19:57:43 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

VortexBox 1.4 released

,----[ Quote ]
| We are pleased to announce the release of
| VortexBox 1.4. Continuing with our goal to
| make VortexBox the universal server for
| any media player we have added full DLNA
| support to VortexBox. DLNA is the future
| of media sharing and many players such as
| PS3, Windows 7 Media Player, and Samsung
| televisions support DLNA. Now you can
| easily serve your music and video files to
| all these devices.
`----

http://vortexbox.org/2010/06/vortexbox-1-4-released/

Press Release: Sabayon Linux x86/x86-64 5.3 GNOME and KDE

,----[ Quote ]
| The best, refined blend of GNU/Linux,
| coming with bleeding edge edges is
| eventually here! Say hello to Sabayon
| Five-point-Threeh, available in both GNOME
| and KDE editions!
| Dedicated to those who like cutting edge
| stability, out of the box experience,
| outstanding Desktop performance, clean and
| beauty. Sabayon 5.3 will catch you,
| anything that could have been compiled,
| has been compiled, anything cool that
| could have been implemented or updated,
| it's there: you will find outstanding
| amount of new applications and features,
| like XBMC, KDE 4.4, GNOME 2.28, Linux
| Kernel 2.6.34, and so forth.
| So, come on, go catch it, it's half a DVD
| away from you!
`----

http://forum.sabayon.org/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=20821

Ultimate Edition 2.7

http://ultimateedition.info/ultimate_edition/ultimate-edition-2-7/

Quirky 1.2

http://bkhome.org/quirky/

Ylmf OS 3.0

http://www.ylmf.org/

Recent:

Sabayon â Nightly Builds, Installer & Recruitment

,----[ Quote ]
| Next up is nightly builds of sabayon, yes you
| read that correctly. The idea is that you will
| have one ISO on your hard disk which you will
| keep updated using rsyncâs binary diff
| capabilities and the Sabayon rsync servers to
| only update the parts of the ISO that have
| changed, this is how we have been distributing
| ISOs to testers for a while now and is much
| quicker and easier than the old version using
| Xdelta. What has been done is that we have a
| scripted molecule install which creates a new
| ISO at 0200 UTC every night using the latest
| packages from the mainline repository, from
| these images the rysnc is updated and you can
| download the changes, simple but clever if you
| ask me.
`----

http://v00d00.net/sabayon-nightly-builds-installer-recruitment

Sabayon 5.3 Progress, Get Involved with Testing, Bumps

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://wgo.wolf911.us/?p=382