[News] A Glimpse at GNU/Linux Diversity in Phones, Sub-notebooks

  • Subject: [News] A Glimpse at GNU/Linux Diversity in Phones, Sub-notebooks
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 20:14:54 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Mobile OS guide

,----[ Quote ]
| Android, Symbian, Bada, WebOS. The list goes
| on. The list of smartphone operating systems
| is growing by the day. Many are open source,
| a good number are proprietary and some are
| barely out of beta.
`----

http://mybroadband.co.za/news/cellular/12871-Mobile-guide.html

Six Different Linux Distributions, one HP 2133 Mini-Note Netbook

,----[ Quote ]
| My HP 2133 Mini-Note with WSVGA (1024x600)
| display has been out on loan for several
| months. It came back a week or so ago, and as
| it had missed the latest wave of Linux
| distribution updates, I decided to reload it
| from scratch. It originally came with SuSE
| Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 (SLED 10), and NO
| WINDOWS (Hooray!). I had preserved SLED 10 in
| a small partition "just in case", but it is
| now so old that it would not be of any use
| whatever may happen, so I wiped it as well,
| and started from a completely clean disk.
`----

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/jamies-random-musings-10006480/six-different-linux-distributions-one-hp-2133-mini-note-netbook-10015812/

Recent:

ARMed Armies Attack