[News] New Example of Free Software Making Business

  • Subject: [News] New Example of Free Software Making Business
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 21:02:54 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Top 10 Reasons to Consider Open Source CRM

http://www.ecrmguide.com/article.php/3886511

Funambol v8.5 Syncs Mobile Pictures With the Open Cloud

,----[ Quote ]
| Billions of mobile phones and devices can
| now automatically sync pictures with the
| Web thanks to Funambol, the open source
| mobile cloud company. The company today
| announced the general availability of
| Funambol v8.5, which adds syncing of
| pictures and rich media between mobile
| devices and the open cloud. Once synced,
| pictures and mobile data can be viewed
| online, synced with connected devices and
| shared with social networks such as
| Facebook and Twitter.
`----

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Funambol-v85-Syncs-Mobile-Pictures-With-the-Open-Cloud-1270368.htm

A Modest Proposal: A Structured Tax-Exempt Structure for Corporate OSS Development, Carlo Daffara

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the most common observations in the
| open source marketplace is related to the
| low level of contributions by companies,
| especially small and medium sized
| businesses, to the projects behind the
| open source software (OSS) they use within
| their embedded systems or as part of an
| internal IT infrastructure. Looking at the
| Eclipse Foundation, one of the best run
| open source projects, it is possible to
| see that most contributions are from large
| companies that use Eclipse as a basis for
| their products or from open source
| companies that are aware of the strategic
| importance for code contributions to OSS
| projects.
`----

http://www.osbr.ca/ojs/index.php/osbr/article/view/1147/1098

Olliance CEO Interview Series: Open Source Today: Delivering Solutions and Thought Leadership, Daniel Chalef, CEO KnowledgeTree

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.olliancegroup.com/2010/06/03/olliance-ceo-interview-series-open-source-today-delivering-solutions-and-thought-leadership-daniel-chalef-ceo-knowledgetree/