[News] KDE SC 4.5 is in Second Beta, Amarok 2.3.1 Reviewed

  • Subject: [News] KDE SC 4.5 is in Second Beta, Amarok 2.3.1 Reviewed
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 17:28:42 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

KDE Software Compilation 4.5 Beta2 Release Announcement

,----[ Quote ]
| Today, KDE has released the second beta
| version of what is to become KDE SC 4.5.0
| in August 2010. KDE SC 4.5 Beta2 is
| targeted at testers and those that would
| like to have an early look at what's coming
| to their desktops and netbooks this summer.
| KDE is now firmly in beta mode, meaning
| that the primary focus is on fixing bugs
| and preparing the stable release of the
| software compilation this summer. Over the
| last two weeks, roughly since the first
| beta, 1459 new bugs have been reported, and
| 1643 bugs have been closed, so we're
| witnessing a lot of stabilization activity
| right now. More testing is in place,
| however, while the restless developers
| continue to create a rock-stable 4.5.0.
`----

http://kde.org/announcements/announce-4.5-beta2.php

Second Beta for KDE SC 4.5 Available for Testing

http://www.kdenews.org/2010/06/09/second-beta-kde-sc-45-available-testing

Review: Amarok 2.3.1

,----[ Quote ]
| I only used Amarok lightly on KDE 3, so I
| am not equipped to answer claims that the
| recent releases still lag behind the 1.x
| releases (although I might some day
| investigate by looking at Pana, a project
| whose purpose is continue the development
| of Amarok's first version.
|
| However, with five releases, Amarok's
| second series is approaching maturity in
| its own right. Although some of the newest
| features are less than perfect I appreciate
| the Amarok team's constant efforts to
| improve the application, and to accommodate
| a variety of user styles. Despite a few
| imperfections, it remains my music player
| of choice -- and the 2.3.1 release simply
| reinforces my preference.
`----

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Blogs/Off-the-Beat-Bruce-Byfield-s-Blog/Review-Amarok-2.3.1

Recent: