[News] Ubuntu 10.04 Flavours and Variants in Review: Zorin OS 3 and Lubuntu

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu 10.04 Flavours and Variants in Review: Zorin OS 3 and Lubuntu
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 14:49:49 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Zorin OS 3 Is Based on Ubuntu 10.04

,----[ Quote ]
| Zorin OS is an Ubuntu-based Linux OS aimed at
| novice users who may be taking their first steps
| into the Linux world after having employed
| Windows all their lives. The latest release,
| Zorin OS 3, is the most polished version yet and
| comes with some interesting, new features. Top
| among these is the Zorin Look Changer, a tool
| that enables one to customize the way their
| desktop looks and acts depending on their
| preferences or what theyâre used to.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Zorin-OS-3-Is-Based-on-Ubuntu-10-04-144298.shtml

Lubuntu 10.04

,----[ Quote ]
| fast desktop environment. It eschews glitz and
| eye-candy bloat in favor of speed and low use of
| system resources.
| Rating: 	4/5
`----

http://desktoplinuxreviews.com/2010/06/12/lubuntu-10-04/

Recent:

Lubuntu 10.04 - Distro Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Lubuntu has come a long way from it's first
| release with 9.10 just last year. This
| 10.04 release is a fantastic addition to
| the world of light weight Linux distros and
| just like the others in the *buntu family I
| have no doubt it will adopted by many for
| use on slower/older computers.
`----

http://jeffhoogland.blogspot.com/2010/05/lubuntu-1004-distro-review.html

Lubuntu 10.04

,----[ Quote ]
| Lubuntu is a faster, more lightweight and
| energy saving variant of Ubuntu using
| LXDE, the Lightweight X11 Desktop
| Environment. The Lubuntu team aims to earn
| official endorsement from Canonical.
| Please join us.
|
| [...]
|
| I was pleasantly surprised and quite liked
| the Netbook mode, which give us a
| different from the traditional desktop as
| an alternative. I also like the way to
| manage start-up login, where it allows us
| to start with the default LXDE desktop or
| with Lubuntu Netbook mode.
`----

http://www.software-latest.com/2010/05/21/lubuntu-10-04.html

Lubuntu Netbook Remix: A Look