[News] Red Hat Goes With Linux Built-in Hypervisor, Company Worth Billions

  • Subject: [News] Red Hat Goes With Linux Built-in Hypervisor, Company Worth Billions
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 15:00:19 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Red Hat takes enterprise virtualization a notch up

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat, a leading distributor of the free Linux
| operating system, is now pushing virtualization
| to another level.
`----

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/193060/red-hat-takes-enterprise-virtualization-a-notch-up

There Will Be Multi-Billion Dollar Open Source Companies

,----[ Quote ]
| With Benchmark's backing, Red Hat actually did
| have about a $5 billion market capitalization
| upon its IPO, and then that valuation settled
| down along with the rest of the market for
| technology companies. There will be open source-
| focused companies with multi-billion dollar
| market caps. There will be better times for
| technology companies. There will be inflated
| perceptions of technology stocks again. These
| things go in cycles, and my bet is that
| Whitehurst knows that his company stands a great
| chance of becoming a multi-billion dollar,
| public open source-focused leader.
`----

http://ostatic.com/blog/there-will-be-multi-billion-dollar-open-source-companies

time for IBM to buy RHAT

http://www.javaworld.com/community/?q=node/4442

Unlikely.

Recent:

Red Hat notches up another KVM cloud win

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/06/10/redhat_rhev_oxilion/