[News] Many New Releases of GNU/Linux: RIPLinuX, Absolute, Clonezilla

  • Subject: [News] Many New Releases of GNU/Linux: RIPLinuX, Absolute, Clonezilla
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 15:03:31 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

RIPLinuX 9.6

http://www.tux.org/pub/people/kent-robotti/looplinux/rip/

Absolute 13.1.1 released

,----[ Quote ]
| New kernel, and a boatload of updates from
| Slackware. ALMOST replaced Firefox with
| Google-Chrome (which I am really liking...)
| but due to endless "upl;oad" bug , that keeps
| crashing Chrome when you try to upload a file,
| it'll be in the CD2 directory for
| testing/playing.
`----

http://www.absolutelinux.org/

Clonezilla 1.2.5-24

http://www.clonezilla.org/

Syllable Server 0.4 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| We are pleased to announce that we have
| released the new Syllable Server 0.4. This
| release focuses on maturing existing
| functionality, improving security, ongoing
| system restructuring, and making the system a
| suitable base for third-party package
| managers. Extensive work was done, so the full
| change log is quite long.
`----

http://web.syllable.org/news/2010-06-08-16-16-Syllable-Server-0.4-released.html

Kanotix Excalibur 2010

http://kanotix.com/Article242.html

linuX-gamers 0.9.6

http://live.linux-gamers.net/

Alpine 1.10.4 released

http://alpinelinux.org/wiki/News_talk:2010-06-09_Alpine_1.10.4_released

Zorin OS 3 is here!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Zorin OS Team are very pleased to announce
| that Zorin OS 3 is now officially released.
| This is a groundbreaking new release. For
| those who have not used the Release Candidate
| some new features include the astonishing new
| Look Changer program which lets you switch
| easily between multiple user interfaces
| (Windows 7, Mac OS X, Windows XP, Windows
| Vista, Windows 2000 and Linux's GNOME). Some
| other features include the new "Social from
| the Start" initiative which lets you connect
| with your social networks quickly from the
| desktop, iPod and iPhone support in the music
| player as well as the Ubuntu One Music Store,
| lots of redesigned artwork, an installer
| slideshow which lets you know more about Zorin
| OS while it is installing,
`----

http://zorin-os.webs.com/apps/blog/entries/show/3985628-zorin-os-3-is-here-

Zenwalk Gnome 6.4 is ready !

,----[ Quote ]
| Zenwalk Gnome 6.4 is out!
|
| We are proud to announce the release of
| Zenwalk 6.4 Gnome Edition! As always, Zenwalk
| features the latest Linux technology,
| featuring Linux kernel 2.6.33.4 and the Gnome
| 2.28.2 Desktop Environment.
|
| The Gnome 2.28.2 desktop includes a number of
| new features; Totem has an asynchronous
| parsing API now,
| GNOME Power Manager now has support for
| laptops with multiple batteries and has added
| disk spindown support for DeviceKit disks and
| much more.
`----

http://www.zenwalk.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=112

Webconverger 6.2