[News] Android/Linux Universe Expands Well Beyond Google

  • Subject: [News] Android/Linux Universe Expands Well Beyond Google
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 15:19:13 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Independent App Stores Take on Googleâs Android Market

,----[ Quote ]
| Googleâs official Android app store is getting
| some competition as upstart, independent
| challengers create their own app stores to
| lure users with the promise of more freedom,
| better access to apps and increased revenue.
|
| But itâs all kosher because, unlike Apple,
| Google allows for multiple app stores to exist
| on the Android operating system.
|
| A new Android app store called AndSpot plans
| to coax developers and users to try an
| alternative Android app store with better
| search and app-recommendation features.
`----

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/06/independent-app-stores-take-on-googles-android-market/

Is this a Sony Companion Box for Google TV?

,----[ Quote ]
| With Google TV units running a mixture of
| Android and Chrome elements, are we going to
| start seeing many different boxes being
| released with Google TV functionality?  Will
| we see the same kind of fragmentation that we
| are seeing with mobile handsets?
`----

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/06/10/sony-companion-box-google-tv/

Koreans make the best Android commercials. [VIDEO]

http://androinica.com/2010/06/10/koreans-make-the-best-android-commercials-video/

Recent:

HelloSoft Announces TriPhone, $100 4G Android Phone

,----[ Quote ]
| VoIP and Convergence company HelloSoft has
| announced that they are releasing a 4G tri-
| band "reference" phone for deployment in
| WiMAX markets. A $100 4G Android phone?
| Hard to believe, right? But wait, there's
| more: this handset is going to be fully
| VoIP ready!  Read on after the break.
`----

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/06/07/hellosoft-releases-triphone-100-4g-android-phone/

Why the iPhone Cannot Keep up with Android

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2010/06/why-iphone-cannot-keep-up-with-android.html