[News] Proprietary Opera Browser Improves GNU/Linux Support

  • Subject: [News] Proprietary Opera Browser Improves GNU/Linux Support
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 23:09:28 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

[Opera] Saturday Snapshot

,----[ Quote ]
| It's a rainy Saturday here in Oslo, so it's a
| good opportunity to release a snapshot.
|
| [...]
|
| There's good news for Linux users: Java should
| now work again!
`----

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2010/06/12/saturday-snapshot

Norwegian browser Opera aims to topple reigning Internet Explorer

,----[ Quote ]
| No. 1 in Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Belarus.
| It might not be a slogan to attract an
| avalanche of American Internet users, but the
| Norwegian company that makes the fastest Web
| browser you've never heard of sees a major
| opportunity in the United States and the rest
| of the world.
`----

http://www.physorg.com/news195396742.html

Firefox vs. Opera

,----[ Quote ]
| When it comes to surf the Internet, most
| people simply does not care for the browser,
| for example Internet Explorer 6, which until
| recently remained as one of the most
| frequently used browser, even appearing to
| security breaches and slowdown evident. While
| Microsoft continues its dominance in the world
| of browsers, competitors weight as Firefox,
| Opera and most recently the Google Chrome
| occupy increasingly users.
|
| [...]
|
| While in HTML5 test, Mozilla has obtained a
| score higher on tests that examine the
| programâs compatibility with navigation in
| pages that use the HTML 5 (139 points against
| 129 of Opera, for a total of 300 possible). In
| addition to the 10 points do not represent any
| difference, the HTML 5 is still not something
| widespread and most sites do not work with
| this system.
`----

http://www.software-latest.com/2010/06/13/firefox-vs-opera.html

Wine-Cellar â new package manager for WINE

http://indlovu.wordpress.com/2010/06/13/wine-cellar-a-new-package-manager-for-wine/

Recent:

*NIX family focus

,----[ Quote ]
| For FreeBSD and Linux, we have numerous font
| fixes, improvements to X11 mode, and the KDE
| file selector freeze is fixed.
`----

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2010/06/03/unix-like-bugfixes

Opera moves Dragonfly to Apache for patent promise

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/05/06/opera_dragonfly_apache/