[News] [Rival] Microsoft Renames and Patents Its Wii Wannabe

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Renames and Patents Its Wii Wannabe
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 06:33:03 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft files for gesture patents: Project Natal + Minority Report

,----[ Quote ]
| Just ahead of next week's public unveiling of
| its Project Natal motion control system for
| the Xbox 360, Microsoft has filed for several
| patents covering technology for controlling
| PCs and game systems with gestures and motion
| tracking.
`----

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/technologybrierdudleysblog/2012083813_microsoft_files_for_gesture_pa.html

Xbox 360 gets Kinect, the official name replacing Natal.

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2010/06/14/xbox-360-gets-kinect-the-official-name-replacing-natal/