[News] [Rival] How Microsoft Arranges AstroTurf to Police Its Image

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] How Microsoft Arranges AstroTurf to Police Its Image
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 07:34:55 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

How Microsoft Does Social Recruiting

http://www.ere.net/2010/06/13/how-microsoft-does-social-recruiting/

The Semantic Web Comes to Social Change

,----[ Quote ]
| Hanamura is working to create a tool,
| Viewchange.org, which helps consumers of media
| find exactly the stories they want.  The Gates
| Foundation commissioned Viewchange.org to solve
| the problem of story telling around their work.
| It will be focused on telling stories of social
| progress and challenges, but will be applicable
| more broadly.
`----

http://www.triplepundit.com/2010/06/the-semantic-web-comes-to-social-change/

Recent:

ITT Thirsts for Good Press

,----[ Quote ]
| The major military contractor ITT Corporation has hired the PR firm Edelman,
| to promote the company "in the defense in the defense and commercial markets,
| as well as raise awareness of its ongoing CSR," or corporate social
| responsibility, efforts.
`----

http://www.prwatch.org/node/8224

PR spinner insists Vista kernel is secure

,----[ Quote ]
| IT IS NOT OFTEN that anyone at Waggener Edstrom, Microsoft's pet public
| relations firm, writes to The INQUIRER. Read on, and we think you'll soon
| understand why that's the case.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/12/04/vista-kernel-secure-insists

Microsoft hires InfoWorld hack

,----[ Quote ]
| Of course, Udell is far from being the first journalist to sign on
| for Big Green. In fact, Microsoft UK made a series of hires in
| 1996 from the BBC and elsewhere when it populated its MSN site
| with original news and other content.

'Legitimate concerns' - a non-correction

,----[ Quote ]
| I just noticed that Microsoft's director of corporate standards,
| Jason Matusow, has published a clarification of a recent story I
| wrote about Open XML's route through the ISO standardization process.
`----

http://www.businessreviewonline.com/os/archives/2007/03/legitimate_conc.html

ComputerWorld Employs Ignorant Journalists

,----[ Quote ]
| Giving you a brief overview what the article from ComputerWorld says:
| Open Source supporters build fortresses around them that make them
| unapproachable and have infinite animosity toward Microsoft. Yep, that
| about sums it up.
|
| [...]
|
| In closing, I just thought the article wasn't even worth the pixels used
| to display it...but I'm sure its been seen by a wide variety of people.
| So, instead of giving them one side of the story, perhaps my little rant
| will give them the other side of things. Sure we can all get along...as
| long as we speak the truth to one another. And that's something both
| journalists and Microsoft have historically [1] [2] had trouble doing.
`----

http://linux-blog.org/index.php?/archives/165-ComputerWorld-Employs-Ignorant-Journalists.html#extended

Praising Microsoft - and attacked by wolves

,----[ Snippets ]

`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/hftn/060901/090106_fastforward_microsoft_fortune.html?.v=1