[News] Openness, Freedom and Sharing Spreading Further: Examples

  • Subject: [News] Openness, Freedom and Sharing Spreading Further: Examples
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 19:56:30 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Mendeley, the-Last.fm-of-research, rolls out premium packages to steady customer nerves

,----[ Quote ]
| Mendeley offers a secure online database
| for scientists, academics and researchers
| to store their research papers in the
| âcloudâ, making it easier to share those
| documents with peers. The system also
| helps researchers find and connect to
| like-minded academics in similar fields by
| looking at and extracting relevant meta-
| data from the millions of research papers
| stored in its database.
`----

http://eu.techcrunch.com/2010/06/16/mendeley-the-last-fm-of-research-rolls-out-premium-packages-to-steady-customer-nerves/

Free Art License

http://basekamp.com/about/events/free-art-license

Open Correspondence

,----[ Quote ]
| From these we can infer what books,
| authors, or authors who influenced the
| author or were being influenced at the
| time. From this, we can see the growth of
| the social graph into the cultural graph.
| Essentially it is the same notion as the
| social graph but the cultural graph links
| items like books, poems and events
| together. In itself it means nothing but
| linked to the social graph, it allows the
| user to discover who is being written to
| whilst a book was being written. Is the
| author talking to other authors or only to
| his agent about it?
`----

http://blog.okfn.org/2010/06/16/open-correspondence/

TfL Gives Data To Developers, Now National Rail Must Get Aboard

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://paidcontent.co.uk/article/419-tfl-gives-data-to-developers-now-national-rail-must-follow-suit/