[News] Review of Zorin 3 (GNU/Linux)

Zorin 3 - Distro Review

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the nice things about having a DVD
| installation is that Zorin's creators did not
| have to limit their default software selection.
| Zorin 3 comes stock with all the normal Ubuntu
| software plus
|
|     * Openshot
|     * VLC
|     * Ubuntu Tweak
|     * GIMP
|     * Scribus
|     * Cheese
|     * Adobe Flash
|     * All Multi-Media Codecs (excluding
|     w32codecs)
`----

http://jeffhoogland.blogspot.com/2010/06/zorin-3-distro-review.html

Recent:

Zorin OS 3 Is Based on Ubuntu 10.04

,----[ Quote ]
| Zorin OS is an Ubuntu-based Linux OS aimed at
| novice users who may be taking their first steps
| into the Linux world after having employed
| Windows all their lives. The latest release,
| Zorin OS 3, is the most polished version yet and
| comes with some interesting, new features. Top
| among these is the Zorin Look Changer, a tool
| that enables one to customize the way their
| desktop looks and acts depending on their
| preferences or what theyâre used to.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Zorin-OS-3-Is-Based-on-Ubuntu-10-04-144298.shtml

Distro Hoppin`: Zorin OS 2.0

,----[ Quote ]
| Zorin OS comes in a beautifully packaged ~1.4
| GB ISO file for both the 32 and 64 bit
| architectures. I, of course, am using a 32-bit
| processor (not for long though
| ohboyohboyohboy) so I got the corresponding
| image. The live environment booted in about 2
| minutes with a rather unprofessional looking
| logo flashing in the middle of the screen. I
| wasted no time and installed the system onto
| my battered HDD. The process is identical to
| Ubuntu's, except the feature slideshow part,
| which is understandable, given the fact that
| Zorin OS looks quite different from Karmic.
`----

http://www.itlure.com/2010/01/distro-hoppin-zorin-os-20.html

Zorin OS 2.0 video released

,----[ Quote ]
| If you're interested in Zorin OS 2.0 then
| you'll be interested to see the first video
| of it. Head over to the Videos page on this
| site view it.
|
| Also as a quick reminder, Zorin OS 2.0 will
| be availible on the 1st of January, that's
| less than a week!
`----

http://zorin-os.webs.com/apps/blog/entries/show/2434137-zorin-os-2-0-video-released

Torvalds rejects one-size-fits-all Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/246534/torvalds-rejects-onesizefitsall-linux.html