[News] Event Covers Development Venues for Free Software, Karmasphere Comes to Eclipse

  • Subject: [News] Event Covers Development Venues for Free Software, Karmasphere Comes to Eclipse
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 13:29:40 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

About software forges

,----[ Quote ]
| I had the opportunity to talk a little bit
| with Dirk Riehle at LinuxTag about business
| models, collaboration and infrastructures,
| and one of the arguments was about software
| forges, like SourceForge or GForge. I would
| like to provide a little bit of overview of
| our discussion, along with my reasoning
| about the future of such forges.
`----

http://carlodaffara.conecta.it/?p=432

Karmasphere Now Available For Eclipse

,----[ Quote ]
| Karmasphere has announced that the free,
| community edition of Karmasphere Studio now
| supports the Eclipse open development
| platform.
`----

http://www.muktware.com/news/18/2010/198

Karmasphere Makes Big Data Intelligence Software Available for Eclipse

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/permalink/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20100617005411&newsLang=en

CollabNet Introduces CollabNet Subversion Edge

http://www.open.collab.net/news/press/2010/svnedge.html

Recent:

Surprising findings in developers' open source usage

,----[ Quote ]
| Windows usage is declining, MySQL usage is
| gaining, and Enterprise JavaBeans and Spring
| usage are tied
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/d/open-source/surprising-findings-in-developers-open-source-usage-848

Linux gaining on Windows among Eclipse developers

Eclipse Community Survey: Good News, Bad News

,----[ Quote ]
| That's really significant, because for many free
| software applications, historically people have
| tended to develop on Windows, and then deploy on
| GNU/Linux. If the developers are moving to
| GNU/Linux on the desktop â as this survey suggests
| - maybe the tide is beginning to turn there, at
| least among that particular community (well, it's a
| start...).
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=3005&blogid=14

Eclipse users developing on Linux, considering cloud

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13846_3-20007229-62.html