[News] Examples of Open Hardware Promotion in Cars, Prosthetics

  • Subject: [News] Examples of Open Hardware Promotion in Cars, Prosthetics
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 14:23:53 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Open source automobiles?

,----[ Quote ]
| What is interesting about Riversimple is its
| business model. To begin with the cars are all
| leased for a monthly fee, not bought, and
| secondly, all the technology and design is open
| source.
`----

http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/rea/blog/post/2010/06/open-source-automobiles

Future of Health: The Open Prosthetics Project

,----[ Quote ]
| The Open Prosthetics Project is producing
| useful innovations in the field of prosthetics
| and freely sharing the designs. This project is
| an open source collaboration between users,
| designers and funders with the goal of making
| creations available for anyone to use and build
| upon.
`----

http://www.psfk.com/2010/06/future-of-health-the-open-prosthetics-project.html

Recent:

Open Arms

,----[ Quote ]
| What prosthetic-arm engineering is learning from open source, crowdsourcing,
| and the video-game industry
`----

http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/mar09/7908

Open-Source Thinking Revolutionizes Prosthetic Limbs

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=open-source-thinking