[News] Famous Journalist Dumps Apple for GNU/Linux; Situations Where Desktop GNU/Linux Makes Sense

  • Subject: [News] Famous Journalist Dumps Apple for GNU/Linux; Situations Where Desktop GNU/Linux Makes Sense
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 18:59:29 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

This Mac devotee is moving to Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| So why am I about to migrate to Linux (aka
| GNU/Linux)? Because Apple is pushing me
| away, and because I value some principles,
| perhaps almost religiously, that affect
| other decisions.
`----

http://www.salon.com/technology/dan_gillmor/2010/06/20/from_mac_to_linux/index.html

No One Takes Linux Seriously Until...

,----[ Quote ]
| If you practice with a Live CD of your
| favorite distro, next time your Windows
| computer crashes, you will be ready to
| operate it temporarily using Linux. A
| colleague of mine (who happens to break
| his computer from time to time with the
| aid of the most destructive viruses I've
| ever seen) started his computer, checked
| his email, and browsed the Web this way
| for almost a month before we could restore
| his Windows XP. I personally don't
| recommend surviving on a Live CD for so
| long, but it was his choice and Linux was
| up to the job.
`----

http://mandrivachronicles.blogspot.com/2010/06/no-one-takes-linux-seriously-until.html

Traditional Server Guy's Views on the Linux Desktop

http://pclinuxos2007.blogspot.com/2010/06/traditional-server-guys-views-on-linux.html

Recent:

Best Newbie Linux Distro

,----[ Quote ]