[News] More Companies Use Linux/Android to Compete

  • Subject: [News] More Companies Use Linux/Android to Compete
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 20:26:17 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

KT brings the Nexus One to South Korea, complete with Froyo

,----[ Quote ]
| The Nexus One may have taken a little
| while to reach South Korea, but it looks
| like KT is doing its best to make up for
| lost time -- the carrier has just
| announced that it will not only be
| offering the Nexus One, but that it will
| come complete with Android 2.2 (a.k.a.
| Froyo).
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/17/kt-brings-the-nexus-one-to-south-korea-complete-with-froyo/

Motorola, Sony Ericsson, and LG spin Android phones

,----[ Quote ]
| Motorola is prepping two high-end Android
| phones for summer release on Verizon --
| the 4.3-inch Droid X and a keyboard-
| enabled Droid 2 -- say reports. Meanwhile,
| LG will ship 20 Android phones this year,
| and Sony Ericsson is readying a mid-range
| Xperia X8 Android model, say other
| reports.
`----

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Motorola-Droid-X-and-Droid-2-and-Sony-Ericsson-Xperia-X8/

Which Android? Sony Ericsson May Mix It Up With Xperia X8

,----[ Quote ]
| It appears that Sony Ericsson may deliver
| its Xperia X8 smartphone with Android
| version 1.6 in some parts of Europe and
| version 2.1 in others. The older version
| lacks some speed and performance
| enhancements, live wallpaper, built-in
| pinch-to-zoom capability and 3-D photo
| galleries. Still, many consumers are
| likely to find it adequate for their
| needs, according to Gartner analyst
| Carolina Milanesi.

Browser privacy issue with DROID Incredible and HTC Sense UI widget?

,----[ Quote ]
| An astute reader stumbled upon an interesting
| bug with the HTC Incredible. The Incredible,
| with Sense UI, will periodically store
| screenshots of the contents of your web
| browser. The screen captures are a function
| of the HTC Sense UI bookmark widget
`----

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/06/16/browser-privacy-htc-senseui/

Recent: