[News] Sharing Mindset Expands to Law, Environment, Etc.

  • Subject: [News] Sharing Mindset Expands to Law, Environment, Etc.
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:10:47 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

KLISS: Law as source code

,----[ Quote ]
| Over the past couple of days I have
| received some comments - and some pushback
| - about my assertion that law is basically
| source code, so I'd like to explain what I
| mean. As it happens, explaining that is
| also a good way for me to start to explain
| the Legislative Enterprise Architecture
| that underpins KLISS, so here goes.
`----

http://seanmcgrath.blogspot.com/2010/06/kliss-law-as-source-code.html

Something in the Air: the Open Source Way

,----[ Quote ]
| One of the most vexed questions in climate
| science is modelling. Much of the time the
| crucial thing is trying to predict what
| will happen based on what has happened.
| But that clearly depends critically on
| your model. Improving the robustness of
| that model is an important aspect, and the
| coding practices employed obviously feed
| into that.
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2010/06/something-in-air-open-source-way.html

Open Web Challenged By Misuse of the Word "Open"

,----[ Quote ]
| At Google I/O, Messina talked with us
| about several topics related to the open
| web, including Facebook's "Open" graph,
| which has been heavily criticized for not
| really being that open.
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2010/06/18/open-web-challenged-by-misuse-of-the-word-open

Graham Linehan: The genius behind The IT Crowd

,----[ Quote ]
| And he also has a faith in web users and
| filesharers as fundamentally honest,
| saying: "It's probably not been the best
| thing for people to brand themselves as
| pirates â the image we should be
| concentrating on is sharing" â a view that
| informs his opinion that the media, music
| and film industries need to stop regarding
| filesharers as thieves, and accept that
| trying to patch up their current models is
| pointless.
`----

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/jun/21/graham-linehan-the-it-crowd

Recent:

Crowdsourcing vs. collaboration: Which yields superior results?

,----[ Quote ]
| The Wharton authors' research suggests a
| hybrid approach that looks something like
| this:
|
|    1. Convene to discuss the problem and
|    objectives.
|    2. Give everyone a clear assignment:
|    return with a specific number of ideas,
|    by a set deadline.
|    3. Work individually on the problem.
|    4. Regroup to present the ideas and
|    formulate a plan of action.
`----

http://opensource.com/business/10/6/crowdsourcing-vs-collaboration-which-yields-superior-results

Strategic Planning the Wiki Way

http://opensource.com/business/10/6/eugene-eric-kim-recap

Open source brings new meaning to user-generated content

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/open-source-brings-new-meaning-user-generated