[News] HP Starts Moving to More Linux After Dumping Vista 7 (Out of Slate)

  • Subject: [News] HP Starts Moving to More Linux After Dumping Vista 7 (Out of Slate)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 22:04:34 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

HP continues buying spree, acquires HyperSpace's instant-on technologies for $12 million

,----[ Quote ]
| If youâve been as dependent on Microsoft
| Windows for all of your computers as HP has
| been, how do you free yourself from the tug
| of Redmondâs gravity? Apparently you make
| some acquisitions that give you the building
| blocks for an alternative ecosystem. First,
| HP purchase Palm in large part for its webOS,
| and now itâs picked up Phoenix Technologies
| HyperSpace assets, which includes instant-on
| solutions.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/computers/hp-continues-buying-spree-acquires-hyperspaces-instant-on-technologies-for-12-million/2845

Recent:

HP leverages Linux, less known for contribution

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2010/06/09/hp-leverages-linux-less-known-for-contribution/