[News] [Rival] Microsoft Mobile Business is Broken to Pieces, Lost Cause

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Mobile Business is Broken to Pieces, Lost Cause
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 22:09:21 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Microsoft's mobile ambitions suffers from fragmentation overload

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/microsofts-mobile-ambitions-suffers-from-fragmentation-overload/8683

Microsoft unveils â wait for it â another mobile OS

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/06/18/wimeha/

Windows Phone 7 compass mandatory but broken

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/06/18/windows_phone_compass/

Microsoft's Mobile Mathematics

,----[ Quote ]
| While there's no real way to accurately gauge
| the financial impact of Windows Mobile on the
| company, we can assume it's small.
`----

http://www.minyanville.com/businessmarkets/articles/microsoft-google-android-windows-mobile-google/6/14/2010/id/28741

Recent:

Microsoft's Sidekick restoration turns into farce

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft played spot the difference over the
| weekend with statements on Saturday and Sunday
| that hinted at âsteady progressâ for the
| recovery of data its Danger subsidiary lost for
| many Sidekick customers.
|
| [...]
|
| The fallout was huge and Microsoft scurried to
| paint a more optimistic picture for Dangerâs
| unhappy customers, at the same time some punters
| threatened legal action against Redmond and T-
| Mobile.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/19/microsoft_danger_sidekick_where_art_thou_data/

Document: Microsoft, T-Mobile sued over Sidekick data outage

,----[ Quote ]
| Here's a copy of one (PDF, 21 pages), filed on
| behalf of Maureen Thompson, a Georgia resident who
| experienced a "complete and catastrophic loss of
| all data on her daughter's Sidekick." The suit
| claims that the architecture of Danger's Sidekick
| data system contributed significantly to the
| problem.
`----

http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2009/10/full_text_suit_against_microsoft_t-mobile_over_sidekick.html?ana=from_rss

Sidekick users share their horror stories

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10372826-56.html