[News] [Rival] Apple Banned in Places, Faces FTC Investigation, Other Problems

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Apple Banned in Places, Faces FTC Investigation, Other Problems
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 22:31:45 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Apple gets the Microsoft treatment by the FTC

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1685554/apple-microsoft-treatment-ftc

FTC Said to Prepare Review of Apple Tactics in Mobile Ad Market

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aFO1VhH3xDXo

Apple slapped with lawsuit over 'iAds' monicker

,----[ Quote ]
| Another day, another lawsuit for Apple.
| This time Jobs & Company are being taken
| to task for naming the iPhone's new
| mobile-advertising platform "iAds" when
| that service mark is already owned by a
| Southern California media company.
|
| Online ad firm Innovate Media Group of
| Costa Mesa, California, has filed suit in
| the US District Court of the Central
| District of California, charging that
| Apple has knowingly usurped their rights
| to the term iAds.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/06/14/innovate_media_sues_apple/

US trade body decides Apple has case to answer

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/06/14/apple_itc/

GCHQ imposes Whitehall iPhone ban

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/06/15/gchq_iphone/

iPhone 4 Preorder Problems Plague Apple, AT&T

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple's preordering system for the iPhone
| 4 appeared overloaded or broken on Tuesday
| with many complaining they were locked out
| from ordering the phone online in advance
| of its June 24 launch.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/198929/iPhone_Preorder_Systems_iFail.html?tk=rss_news

iPhone fans fuming about preorder Web site woes

http://www.techworld.com.au/article/350220/iphone_fans_fuming_about_preorder_web_site_woes?fp=2&fpid=1&rid=1

Apple secrecy is bitter fruit on Hill

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple is famous for its veil of secrecy
| around the new iPads and iPhones. But Sen.
| John Rockefeller and others in Congress
| wonder whether the company has more than
| technological innovations to hide.
|
| [...]
|
| "When people don't show up when we ask
| them to ... all it does is increases our
| interest in what they're doing and why
| they didn't show up," Rockefeller said of
| Apple and Google, which both declined to
| testify. "It was a stupid mistake for them
| not to show up, and I say shame on them."
|
| [...]
|
| Like Microsoft and Google before it, Apple
| is getting attention from regulators as it
| grows and starts to compete more directly
| with other technology heavyweights.
`----

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2010-06-14-apple-secrecy-hill_N.htm

Rockefeller and Gates collaborate on getting Africa addicted to Monsanto seeds at the moment.

Recent:

Report: FTC will investigate Apple

,----[ Quote ]
| The Federal Trade Commission will open an
| investigation into whether Apple is illegally
| using its position in the mobile software
| market to harm competitors, according to
| several published reports.
|
| On Friday afternoon, both Bloomberg News and
| The Wall Street Journal reported that the FTC
| had opened a formal probe.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20007531-260.html

ITC to probe Apple for HTC patent infringement

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE65A6C220100611?type=technologyNews