[News] 64-bit Flash for GNU/Linux to Return

What's the future for Adobe's 64-bit Flash?

,----[ Quote ]
| Windows, Mac OS X and Linux 64-bit versions
| are now in widespread use, and software for
| the operating systems is following suit. So
| it may seem a bit backward that Adobe
| withdrew its only 64-bit version of Flash
| Player.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/what-s-the-future-for-adobe-s-64-bit-flash-339303989.htm

Adobe says 64-bit flash is coming

,----[ Quote ]
| Adobe had a version of Flash which ran on
| 64-bit versions of Linux while Windows
| users were stuck in 32 bit. This week it
| seems that rather than releasing a 64-bit
| version for Windows has, in its wisdom,
| pulled the Linux version.
`----

http://www.techeye.net/security/adobe-says-64-bit-flash-is-coming

Adobe moves mobile Flash from rhetoric to reality

,----[ Quote ]
| Also due to get Flash Player 10.1 are
| Palm's WebOS, Research in Motion's
| BlackBerry OS, Nokia's Symbian, the MeeGo
| version of Linux from Intel and Nokia, and
| Windows Phone 7--though not at that
| operating system's debut, Murarka said.
| Many companies will pre-install Flash
| Player 10.1 on their phones through deals
| Adobe is hammering out, but in the case of
| Google, those with Froyo phones will be
| able to download it directly from the
| Android Market.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-20008375-264.html

Recent:

Flash Player 10.1 Now Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Today I'm thrilled to announce that Adobe
| Flash Player 10.1 is now available for
| Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. You
| can get it now. Flash Player 10.1 for Android
| will be coming later this month - the beta
| release is currently available in the Android
| market.
`----

http://blogs.adobe.com/flashplayer/2010/06/flash_player_101_now_available.html

Proprietary Software Traps - Adobe Flash

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://sharplinux.blogspot.com/2010/06/proprietary-software-traps-adobe-flash.html