[News] Cloudera (GNU/Linux Distro) to Work With More Grids

  • Subject: [News] Cloudera (GNU/Linux Distro) to Work With More Grids
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 17:08:21 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Cloudera to Connect Oracle and Hadoop

http://www.bio-itworld.com/els/2010/06/22/oracle-hadoop.html

Cloudera teams up to connect Oracle and Hadoop

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13846_3-20008242-62.html

Cloudera, Quest to link Hadoop to Oracle

,----[ Quote ]
| Code-named "Ora-Oop," the free software
| will accommodate users who need to link
| relational data in Oracle databases with
| the data handled in Hadoop, which serves as
| a large-scale storage and computation
| engine, said Michael Olson, Cloudera CEO.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/062110-cloudera-quest-to-link-hadoop.html

Cloudera plugs Oracle into Google's bastard grid child

,----[ Quote ]
| Codenamed "Ora-Oop," the new open source
| connector from Cloudera and Quest connects
| Oracle and Clouderaâs Hadoop distro â known
| as Cloudera's Distribution for Hadoop, or CDH
| â via an interface that allows for
| bidirectional data transfers. It supports
| Oracle data types and table variants.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/06/21/cloudera_and_quest_team_on_oracle_connector/

Recent:

Introducing Cloudera Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Today at Hadoop World NYC, weâre announcing
| the availability of Cloudera Desktop, a
| unified and extensible graphical user
| interface for Hadoop. The product is free to
| download and can be used with either
| internal clusters or clusters running on
| public clouds.
|
| [...]
|
| Cloudera Desktop currently works with the
| latest testing release of Clouderaâs
| Distribution for Hadoop, and weâre working
| with the Apache Hadoop community to get our
| patches into the Apache project as well
`----

http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2009/10/01/introducing-cloudera-desktop/

5 Common Questions About Hadoop

,----[ Quote ]
| Thereâs been a lot of buzz about Hadoop lately. Just the other day, some of
| our friends at Yahoo! reclaimed the terasort record from Google using Hadoop,
| and the folks at Facebook let on that they ingest 15 terabytes a day into
| their 2.5 petabyte Hadoop-powered data warehouse.
|
| [...]
|
| Hadoop uses commodity hardware, so every month, your costs decrease or
| provide more capacity for the same price point. You probably have a vendor
| you like, and they probably sell a dual quad-core (8 cores total) machine
| with 4 1TB SATA disks (you specifically donât want RAID).
`----

http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2009/05/14/5-common-questions-about-hadoop/

The dawn of a new Cloudera

,----[ Quote ]
| Given the current economic outlook itâs great to see a new open source
| start-up rearing its head, and the list of founders indicates that this one
| has a good chance of survival. While VentureBeat is focused on the fact that
| Ex-Google, Yahoo, and Facebook employees are on the team, my eye was caught
| by the fact that Mike Oslon, Sleepycat Software founder and former CEO has
| been tempted out of semi-retirement.
`----

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2008/10/15/the-dawn-of-a-new-cloudera/

Cloudera is to Hadoop as Kleenex is to facial tissues?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://saviorodrigues.wordpress.com/2009/08/18/cloudera-is-to-hadoop-as-kleenex-is-to-facial-tissues/