[News] Two New Victories for "Open Data" Movement

  • Subject: [News] Two New Victories for "Open Data" Movement
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 18:08:11 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Open Geoprocessing Standards and Open Geospatial Data

,----[ Quote ]
| The following guest post is from Lance McKee,
| who is Senior Staff Writer at the Open
| Geospatial Consortium (OGC) and a member of
| the Open Knowledge Foundationâs Working Group
| on Open Geospatial Data.
`----

http://blog.okfn.org/2010/06/21/open-geoprocessing-standards-and-open-geospatial-data/

Open government data in Russia

,----[ Quote ]
| The following guest post is from Ivan Begtin,
| who is a member of the Open Knowledge
| Foundationâs Working Group on Open Government
| Data.
|
| I would like to give a brief overview of a
| few projects I have been working on related
| to open government data in Russia.
`----

http://blog.okfn.org/2010/06/23/open-government-data-in-russia/

Recent:

Open Public Data are so good that it's hard to start explaining why

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://stop.zona-m.net/active-citizens/open-public-data-are-so-good-its-hard-start-explaining-why