[News] Google's Abandonment of Windows Can Spur "Abandoning Herd Mentality."

  • Subject: [News] Google's Abandonment of Windows Can Spur "Abandoning Herd Mentality."
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 11:45:11 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Rethinking Windows security: Will Google's move spur others to drop Microsoft?

,----[ Quote ]
| In fact, many find that even when the vast
| majority of an organizationâs IT
| infrastructure is made up of non-Microsoft
| based systems, Microsoft Windows systems
| make up the majority of maintenance resource
| expenditures, both for security management
| and more mundane system administration and
| troubleshooting. Thanks in part to the
| nature of Googleâs business and the size and
| influence of the corporation, it is even
| likely to be well insulated against any need
| for compatibility with Microsoft-specific
| ways of doing things, both internally and
| externally.
`----

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/security/?p=3872

Smoke Screens and Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Why aren't people buying these things so
| easily anymore? I have the theory that, while
| the success of Windows was the ignorance of
| the user, Linux communities teach their users
| and this knowledge empowers people. After all,
| in the 21st Century, more computer users are
| awakening. Little by little, we are breaking
| this shell of fear and gullibility and we are
| beginning to see through the smoke generated
| to make us stumble. We read. We check. We
| double-check. We participate in forums and get
| informed.
|
| Above all, beginner Linux users are abandoning
| herd mentality.
`----

http://mandrivachronicles.blogspot.com/2010/06/smoke-screens-and-linux.html

Recent:

Linux Migration: Another Chip Taken out of the Monopoly

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.suseblog.com/linux-migration-another-chip-taken-out-of-the-monopoly