[News] Nvidia Driver for Linux Improved, New One Released

  • Subject: [News] Nvidia Driver for Linux Improved, New One Released
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 12:20:38 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Nvidia Releases a Much Improved Video Driver for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| After many months of hard work, Nvidia
| finally announced on June 22nd the final and
| stable version of the 256.x proprietary
| driver for Nvidia graphics cards. Nvidia
| 256.35 incorporates lots of fixes and
| improvements, over previous releases.
| Unofficial GLX support was also added for a
| few OpenGL extensions, as well as Thermal
| Settings reporting improvements, Compiz
| fixes, many VDPAU improvements, and many
| more.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Nvidia-Releases-a-Much-Improved-Video-Driver-for-Linux-145361.shtml

[NVIDIA] 256.35 for Linux x86/x86_64 released

,----[ Quote ]
|     * Fixed a regression in 256.29 where
|     Performance Level clock frequencies were
|     reported incorrectly in nvidia-settings.
|     * Fixed a 3D Vision Stereo bug that
|     caused the stereo glasses to not toggle
|     when the flat panel was not running at
|     its native mode timings.
|     * Fixed a bug that caused nvidia-
|     settings to crash when rendering its
|     thermal gauge widget if the range of
|     valid values for the thermal sensor was
|     empty.
|
| The 256.35 NVIDIA Accelerated Linux Graphics
| Driver
`----

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2273450

Recent:

NVIDIA Issues 256.29 Linux Beta Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week NVIDIA had released their first
| 256.xx series Linux driver in the form of the
| 256.25 Beta release, but as we discovered, it
| boasted some major performance regressions
| for a NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M and other
| mobile ASICs. This issue has now been
| resolved thanks to a new beta release.
`----