[News] KDE 3.5 is Still Alive, KDE SC 4.4 Goes on

  • Subject: [News] KDE 3.5 is Still Alive, KDE SC 4.4 Goes on
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 12:51:01 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux's old KDE 3 desktop lives!?

,----[ Quote ]
| For now, the Pearson site continues to be
| dark, but there are reports that the group
| has managed to deliver KDE 3.5.11 for
| Ubuntu. The main Trinity development site is
| live and on Launchpad, Canonical's, the
| company behind Ubuntu, Web-based
| collaborative software development Website.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/16397/linuxs_old_kde_3_desktop_lives

Whoâs Driving the Bus?

,----[ Quote ]
| Others, though, are driving the bus of KDE
| and have chosen to âimproveâ the desktop.
| Others, who feel as I do are trying to
| preserve the look and feel of the 3.5
| version. Whether the group doing the work
| can sustain an independent branch of KDE is
| a question. KDE is large and complex and the
| libraries it depends upon changed, causing
| some of the development of the 4 branch.
`----

http://pogson.6k.ca/2010/06/23/whos-driving-the-bus/

Javascript DataEngines and Runners

,----[ Quote ]
| With KDE SC 4.4, we put a fair amount of
| work into Javascript Plasmoid support. This
| has been extended a bit further in 4.5.
| Javascript has also blossomed as a runtime
| management tool for Plasma Desktop and
| Plasma Netbook, both of which support using
| Javascript for first-run layouts and
| configuration updates. Plasma Desktop also
| allows you to use Javascript for templated
| layouts and provides an interactive console
| for messing about with these things,
| features that hopefully will extend to other
| Plasma workspaces such as Netbook in
| upcoming releases.
`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2010/06/javascript-dataengines-and-runners.html

Recent:

KDE 4.5 2nd Beta: The End of an Era

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3888761

KDE SC 4.5.0 â Beta 2 â Another Quick Look

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://everydaylht.com/2010/06/13/kde-sc-4-5-0-beta-2-updating-my-quick-look/