[News] [Rival] Novell is All Software Patents, Red Hat Does OK Without Them

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Novell is All Software Patents, Red Hat Does OK Without Them
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 15:29:47 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Valuing Novell: A little bit higher this time

,----[ Quote ]
| Either way, I suspect weâll see some
| significantly improved bids for Novell. Its
| patent portfolio, coupled with its maintenance
| revenue and technology portfolio, offer too
| much strategic value to pass up.
`----

http://www.opensources.com/2010/06/23/valuing-novell-a-little-bit-higher-this-time/

Red Hat Linux and its close relationship with Microsoft?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2010/06/red-hat-linux-has-a-close-rela.html