[News] Mandriva and Red Hat (RPM) Family Reports

  • Subject: [News] Mandriva and Red Hat (RPM) Family Reports
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 19:00:48 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Mandriva pt 2

,----[ Quote ]
| Another little thing that Mandriva paid
| attention to that makes me like it that
| much more. After reading the comments to
| the earlier post, I enabled the backports
| and installed chrome from the backports,
| checked the flash plugin out of the box and
| guess what? It just works!
`----

http://blog.lowkster.com/2010/06/mandriva-pt-2.html

Red Hat CEO Predicts VMware Will Suffer Sunâs Fate

,----[ Quote ]
| As Red Hat launches a cloud strategy and
| inks a deeper virtualization partnership
| with Cisco Systems, Red Hat CEO Jim
| Whitehurst has a cautionary message for
| VMware partners. Indeed, Whitehurst claims
| VMware over the next few years will suffer
| the same fate as Sun Microsystems.
| Admittedly, he didnât use those âexactâ
| words â but draw your own conclusions based
| on this reportâ
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2010/06/24/red-hat-ceo-predicts-vmware-will-suffer-suns-fate/

Red Hat Seeking Ways To Avoid Channel Conflict With Service Partners

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat is developing a services strategy
| for its North America operations that wonât
| conflict with services offered by the
| vendorâs channel partners.
|
| Red Hat is also shooting to increase its
| percentage of sales that go through the
| channel to 70 percent from about 60 percent
| today, although it will likely take a
| couple of years to get there.
|
| Those were among the comments offered by
| Mark Enzweiler, Red Hat vice president of
| global channel sales, in an interview this
| week at the Red Hat Summit and JBoss World
| conference in Boston.
|
| Red Hat acquired Amentra, a supplier of
| system integration, business process
| management and system development services,
| in March 2008 in a move the company said
| complements its JBoss middleware. But that
| created the potential for conflict with Red
| Hatâs JBoss channel partners, especially in
| the services-intensive middleware market.
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/225701517

Recent:

Red Hat Linux and its close relationship with Microsoft?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blog.internetnews.com/skerner/2010/06/red-hat-linux-has-a-close-rela.html