[News] Linux-based Android Climbs to Top Position

  • Subject: [News] Linux-based Android Climbs to Top Position
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 19:25:27 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Google Android Momentum Continues to Build

,----[ Quote ]
| As momentum surrounding the Google Android
| platform continues to build, Google may
| soon find itself in a position to seriously
| challenge Microsoft for the hearts and
| minds of developers.
`----

http://www.ctoedge.com/content/google-android-momentum-continues-build

5 Things That Can Make Android the No. 1 OS

,----[ Quote ]
| Google's Android OS went from being just an
| idea to a roaring success in a very short
| time. It just seems like yesterday when the
| first Android phone was launched and people
| had the first taste of a Google branded
| operating system. Although many people
| expected Google to come up with a complete
| hardware and software package like the
| iPhone, the software giant was happy just
| making the operating system and licensing
| it to whoever wanted to use it on their
| device. This was a completely different
| approach from what both Apple and Microsoft
| had taken with their mobile platforms.
`----

http://www.techtree.com/India/Features/5_Things_That_Can_Make_Android_the_No_1_OS/551-111986-899.html

Intel preps x86 Android for summer release

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/06/24/x86_android/

Droid X enlisted as latest recruit in Android army

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/techchron/detail?blogid=19&entry_id=66420

Droid X vs. iPhone 4: Spec Smackdown

http://www.pcworld.com/article/199729/iPhone_4_vs_Droid_X_Spec_Smackdown.html?tk=rss_news

A Closer Look at the Motorola Droid X

http://www.pcworld.com/article/199812/droid_x_debut.html?tk=rss_news

Android gaining on iPhone among developers

Survey finds Google OS is most highly rated for long term outlook in US

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/06/27/android_iphone/

Survey Results Paint Android as Technically Superior Also-Ran

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/199764/survey_results_paint_android_as_technically_superior_also_ran.html

Apple vs. Android: It's All Relative

http://www.pcworld.com/article/199480/Apple_vs_Android_It_all_relative.html?tk=rss_news

Google claims its Android apps are safe

,----[ Quote ]
| Rich Cannings, Android Security Lead went
| on a proactive charm offensive, saying his
| team was alerted to "two free applications
| built by a security researcher for research
| purposes" that his team then deleted from
| peoples' handsets.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1719269/google-claims-android-apps-safe

Recent:

Why the iPhone Cannot Keep up with Android

,----[ Quote ]
| And don't even get me started on the fact
| that the Android code is already starting
| to appear in totally new segments, bringing
| yet more innovation, yet more players....
`----

http://opendotdotdot.blogspot.com/2010/06/why-iphone-cannot-keep-up-with-android.html

Android OS and Others Drive Growth of Mobile Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| You might call mobile Linux the little
| operating system that could, or at least is
| able to since the introduction of Google's
| Android OS helped push mobile Linux into
| the top ranks.
`----

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=16629&news=Google+Android+OS+Mobile+Linux

Nexus One, Nokia X6 coming to South Korea in June

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://mobile.engadget.com/2010/05/31/nexus-one-nokia-x6-coming-to-south-korea-in-june/