[News] Mozilla Thunderbird 3.1 is Covered, Firefox News

  • Subject: [News] Mozilla Thunderbird 3.1 is Covered, Firefox News
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 19:48:08 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Thunderbird 3.1 is out

,----[ Quote ]
| THE MOZILLA FOUNDATION'S open source email
| client Thunderbird has been updated to
| version 3.1.
|
| Mozzarella claims that Thunderchicken is
| impressively fast and has new ways to
| search your e-mail. It includes a migration
| assistant and a download manager in this
| latest update as well as some bug fixes.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1719257/thunderbird-31

Thunderbird 3.1 arrives with new filter bar

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla Messaging has announced the release
| of Thunderbird 3.1, a minor update that
| brings performance improvements, bug fixes,
| and some new features.
|
| The most significant enhancement in 3.1 is
| the new Quick Filter bar, which makes it
| easy to filter and search the contents of
| the current folder. It has several icons
| that you can click to filter for messages
| that are unread, starred, sent by a
| contact, or have an attachment. It also has
| a search box that will allow you to find
| messages in the current folder.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2010/06/thunderbird-31-arrives-with-new-filter-bar.ars?

How To Install Mozilla Thunderbird 3.1 (Final) In Ubuntu

http://www.webupd8.org/2010/06/how-to-install-mozilla-thunderbird-31.html

Why Tabs are on Top in Firefox 4

,----[ Quote ]
| In the Firefox 4 nightly builds, and in
| Firefox 4 Beta 1, we are changing the
| default tab position so that tabs are on
| top.  This is a preference that users can
| change by right clicking on any of their
| toolbars.  Moving the default tab position
| is obviously a significant and to some
| extent controversial change to the Firefox
| UI, which is why we made the video above to
| help explain our rationale.
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/faaborg/2010/06/24/why-tabs-are-on-top-in-firefox-4/

Mozilla Wins The American Business Awards âMost Innovative Company of the Yearâ

,----[ Quote ]
| We are excited to announce that Mozilla won
| the American Business Awards Stevie Award
| for Most Innovative Company of the Year
| (with less than 2,500 employees) in the
| software category!
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2010/06/25/mozilla-wins-the-american-business-awards-most-innovative-company-of-the-year/

Recent:

Download Mozilla Thunderbird 3.0.5

,----[ Quote ]
| As fans gear up for the upcoming release
| of Thunderbird 3.1, Mozilla has made
| available an updated version of the
| current line, Thunderbird 3.0.5. Itâs a
| bug-fixing release with no new features,
| though users should see an improvement in
| message-indexing speed. More than 60 bugs
| have been fixed in Thunderbird 3.0.5.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Download-Mozilla-Thunderbird-3-0-5-144977.shtml

Mozilla releases Thunderbird 3.0.5

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Mozilla-releases-Thunderbird-3-0-5-1025104.html

Thunderbird gets minor point update

http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-20008187-12.html

Mozilla's next Thunderbird gives Gmailers hope

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/06/18/thunderbird_3_1_rc_review/

Browser Speed â Perception IS Reality

,----[ Quote ]
| It looks as though the people over at
| Mozilla Foundation are more than a little
| fed up with the fact that their software,
| no matter how it changes, has of late been
| perceived as slow, especially at start up.
`----

http://www.lockergnome.com/theoracle/2010/06/19/browser-speed-perception-is-reality/

Another release candidate for Thunderbird 'Lanikai'

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla published a second release candidate
| for the next build of Thunderbird on
| Wednesday. Judging from the public bug list,
| only one critical bug kept Thunderbird 3.1
| Release Candidate 2 from becoming the final
| build of the current branch, code-named
| Lanikai.
`----

http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-20007263-12.html

Mozilla dons grass skirt with near-ready Thunderbird 3.1 release

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/06/10/thunderbird_3_1_rc_2/