[News] HTML5 Spec/Standard Promoted by Google, Mozilla

  • Subject: [News] HTML5 Spec/Standard Promoted by Google, Mozilla
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 20:31:29 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Google Counters Appleâs HTML5 Showcase With HTML5Rocks (Yes, Itâs Really Called That)

,----[ Quote ]
| Earlier this month, Apple unveiled a new
| site to showcase HTML5. On it, Apple showed
| off a number of impressive web demos coded
| using only HTML5 technologies. However, at
| least on the main page, these demos were
| restricted to working on only Appleâs
| Safari web browser. So now Google is
| countering with its own HTML5 site â
| called, get this, HTML5Rocks.
`----

http://techcrunch.com/2010/06/22/html5rocks-google/

Mozilla likes HTML5 over Flash

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has joined the chorus in declaring
| HTML5 as the way of the future.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/62903

Google Pushes HTML5 Development

,----[ Quote ]
| HTML5 rocks, Google declared this week. The
| company launched a developer resource site
| devoted to HTML5 technologies and is
| calling it HTML5rocks.com
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/199857/google_pushes_html5_development.html

Recent:

3 questions for Apple and HTML5

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2010/06/3-questions-for-apple-and-html5.html

Mozilla evangelist: Apple HTML5 demos harm the open Web

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2010/06/mozilla-evangelist-criticizes-apple-html5-showcase.ars?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss