[News] Visuals Goods for GNU/Linux: Compiz, Docks

  • Subject: [News] Visuals Goods for GNU/Linux: Compiz, Docks
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 20:21:23 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Awesome Compiz Skydome images

,----[ Quote ]
| I stumbled across some really neat
| wallpapers the other day and I could not
| resist setting them up as Compiz skydomes.
| These backgrounds gave the Compiz cube
| additional depth. Complementing the cube
| shaped desktop very well. I just had to
| share these with everyone. Here is a link
| were these and other really cool back
| grounds can be downloaded.
`----

http://linusearch.com/wordpress/?p=983

Compiz Switch

,----[ Quote ]
| Compiz-switch is a program available for
| Ubuntu and Suse that enables you to turn
| Compiz on or off with just one click. So if
| you are getting ready to play some games
| that require accelerated 3d or just run
| better without compiz then all you have to
| do is click on the compiz-switch to turn
| Compiz off. Then when you want to turn
| Compiz back on, all you have
`----

http://linusearch.com/wordpress/?p=989

Ubuntu Notifications (osd-notify) Sucks, notifications-daemon Rocks â Exploiting the Goodness with Compiz

http://www.doknowevil.net/2010/06/25/ubuntu-notifications-osd-notify-sucks-notifications-daemon-rocks-exploiting-the-goodness-with-compiz/

AWN vs Cairo Dock vs Docky: Mac Style Linux Docks Reviewed

,----[ Quote ]
| Mac style docks or launchers have become
| very popular among *nix users with the
| increase in popularity of Macs. And unlike
| Snow Leopard users there are quite a few
| free options for Linux users. I am going to
| review three such popular docks. The
| platform that i am using is Ubuntu 10.04
| Lucid Lynx, but I would expect my
| conclusions to hold true for most of
| popular  *nix systems be it Fedora 13 or
| OpenSUSE 11.2.
`----

http://www.hackourlives.com/awn-vs-cairo-dock-vs-docky-mac-style-linux-docks-reviewed/

Recent: