[News] Porting Games to GNU/Linux is a Good Investment

  • Subject: [News] Porting Games to GNU/Linux is a Good Investment
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 21:05:20 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Osmos dev claims porting games to Linux is actually worthwhile

http://games.on.net/article/9454/Osmos_dev_claims_porting_games_to_Linux_is_actually_worthwhile

Is it worth porting games to Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| Combine this with the recent successful
| Humble Indie Games Bundle, and I have to
| think Linux is becoming a very attractive
| market indeed for game publishers.
|
| Itâs also worth noting how important Steam
| is to sales â according to Hemisphere Games
| own numbers â, another reason why Steam
| coming to Linux will be a major factor in
| the viability of Linux for gamers.
`----

http://www.the-source.com/2010/06/is-it-worth-porting-games-to-linux/

Recent:

Linux, the Numbers

,----[ Quote ]
| We can also determine an upper bound based on
| client downloads. Here we see that 21% of all
| our customers have at least clicked on the
| Linux download link.
`----

http://www.hemispheregames.com/2010/06/23/linux-the-numbers/

Microsoft Games For Windows Live Head Laid Off

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/158375/gfw_live_layoff.html?tk=rss_news