[News] New Releases of GNU/Linux Include Linux Mint 9 KDE RC

  • Subject: [News] New Releases of GNU/Linux Include Linux Mint 9 KDE RC
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 21:32 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

Linux Mint 9 KDE RC Comes with KDE 4.4.4

,----[ Quote ]
| The KDE favor of the popular Linux Mint 9 is
| almost ready for a larger audience as the
| first release candidate has been made
| available. Linux Mint 9 KDE RC still has some
| known issues, but is overall usable and
| stable enough for most people. Linux Mint 9
| KDE is based on the latest Kubuntu 10.04
| âLucid Lynxâ and comes with KDE SC 4.4.4.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Linux-Mint-9-KDE-RC-Comes-with-KDE-4-4-4-145614.shtml

Softpedia Linux Weekly, Issue 103

,----[ Quote ]
| Â Announced Distro: Superb Mini Server 1.5.2
| Â Announced Distro: CrunchBang Linux 10 Alpha
| 2
| Â Announced Distro: Debian 5.0.5
| Â Announced Distro: Sabily 10.04
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Softpedia-Linux-Weekly-Issue-103-145579.shtml

Recent:

Isadora KDE Development Report

,----[ Quote ]
| After using the new Mint Community website
| for testing, with some new tests too, the
| last development ISO still had some minor
| bugs. Two were easy to fix, but the other two
| KDE ones have been a real pain. Well lets say
| they are very easy for a user to configure
| using system settings if you know where to
| look but to have them enabled by default isâ.
| wellâ I gave up. KDE 4.4 now has new ways to
| generate the configs it wants after putting
| your configs there first.
`----

http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=1454

KDE SC 4.5.0 â Beta 2 â Another Quick Look

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://everydaylht.com/2010/06/13/kde-sc-4-5-0-beta-2-updating-my-quick-look/