[News] MPAA/RIAA Sympatheiser/Proponent Finds Linux Preferable to Vista 7 in Many Ways

  • Subject: [News] MPAA/RIAA Sympatheiser/Proponent Finds Linux Preferable to Vista 7 in Many Ways
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 11:51:51 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The Linux Chronicles, Part 1

,----[ Quote ]
| Last Autumn I volunteered to review
| Windows 7. But in the following weeks, I
| found Linux to be preferable in many ways.
| This is pretty significant progress, and
| outside the 'community' has gone largely
| unnoticed, too - I haven't seen all that
| many Ubuntu stories in the Wall Street
| Journal. But what comes next is going to
| be pretty challenging for everyone
| involved â and that's what I'll look at
| here.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/06/30/linux_chronicles_part_one/

Want your files? Use the Force!

,----[ Quote ]
| You are a computer user who is fed up with
| Windows. You heard about the marvels of
| Linux, you were impressed when someone
| actually ran this Linux Distro-thing from
| a CD, and your eyes glittered upon seeing
| the multiple desktops, the Compiz/Kwin
| effects, and the quantity of programs
| included in the OS. So, you are sure that
| you want it. With conviction, you ask your
| friend to install Linux and, in the
| process, several strange questions begin
| to hit you as karate chops. The most
| memorable, without any doubt, is:
| -Do you want a dual boot?
`----

http://mandrivachronicles.blogspot.com/2010/06/want-your-files-use-force.html

Recent:

Comparative Test Problems â Hardware, Windows7 and Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://g33q.co.za/2010/06/07/comparative-test-problems-hardware-windows7-and-linux/