[News] Desktop GNU/Linux in Perspective: Why the Desktop Environment May Count More

  • Subject: [News] Desktop GNU/Linux in Perspective: Why the Desktop Environment May Count More
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 12:04:15 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The non-operating system operating system

,----[ Quote ]
| To be blunt about it, Gnome is my Operating
| System; it just happens to require a real OS
| to sit upon.
`----

http://www.thefridayblog.com/linux/the-non-operating-system-operating-system/

16 Gorgeous Linux Wallpapers From Pr09studio

,----[ Quote ]
| Pr09studio guys are also actively
| contributing for bisigi themes project and
| they really do have some stunning wallpapers
| to showcase. Here, I have deliberately tried
| to avoid wallpapers with branding for most
| part, but some wallpapers with branding are
| worth mentioning. So here it goes, 16
| beautiful Linux wallpapers for desktop.
`----

http://www.techdrivein.com/2010/06/16-gorgeous-linux-wallpapers-from.html

Recent:

twin, vwm and my imagination

,----[ Quote ]
| A lot of times I run across software that I
| want to like a lot, but somehow doesnât seem
| to work quite right. Itâs not because itâs
| somehow faulty or misdesigned, but because I
| happen to like the idea in principle: It
| strikes me that it ought to work as well as â
| if not better in â real life.
`----

http://kmandla.wordpress.com/2010/06/21/twin-vwm-and-my-imagination/

ArchBang shifts to LXDE and other Changes

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://pdg86.wordpress.com/2010/06/20/archbang-shifts-to-lxde-and-other-changes/