[News] Primer to Google's GNU/Linux Distribution

  • Subject: [News] Primer to Google's GNU/Linux Distribution
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 12:07:26 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

How to Run Chrome OS the Easy Way

,----[ Quote ]
| A few of us here at MTE have a bit of a crush
| on Chrome OS. Itâs not just the system
| itself, itâs the fact that someone is finally
| taking the concept of an operating system in
| a new direction. We wrote a brief synopsis of
| Chrome OS shortly after the first
| announcement that showed how things stood at
| the very beginning, then more recently did a
| manual build guide. Building Chrome OS from
| source code can take several hours, and can
| be a somewhat challenging process even for an
| experienced Linux user. To help solve that
| problem, some developers have begun releasing
| custom Chrome OS builds with included
| installers and software tweaks. This guide
| will show you where to find the images and
| how to get the latest Hexxeh release, Flow,
| on to your netbook or VM from a Linux host.
`----

http://maketecheasier.com/run-chrome-os-the-easy-way/2010/06/29

Hopefully Install & Remote Kill-s the Cloud OS

,----[ Quote ]
| After reading a few articles about Google and
| their REMOVE_ASSET and INSTALL_ASSET ability
| and how they have invoked it already under a
| few circumstances. Its very fearful
| foreshadowing of our possible computing
| future, at which we may be at the point of no
| return already. Imagine you install it today
| and tomorrow Google says you don't want that
| and removes it to replace it with their
| stuff.
`----

http://www.buntfu.com/news,page,89,topic_id,content_pages

Recent:

An overview on Google's Chrome OS

,----[ Quote ]
| Chrome OS is an open source (the source code
| is open for all to see and can even be
| changed and added to) operating system built
| on a Linux kernel that in comparison to its
| Windows and Mac OS counterparts is more
| lightweight which lowers the demands of the
| specs of the computer running it and giving
| it a faster boot time making it very use-able
| on netbooks.
`----

http://www.helium.com/items/1873482-google-chrome-os

Chrome OS goes 64-bit