[News] New KVM and Graphics Benchmarks Planned (Linux)

  • Subject: [News] New KVM and Graphics Benchmarks Planned (Linux)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 12:23:56 +0100
  • Followup-to: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

The Start Of Some KVM Virtualization Benchmarks

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ODM3NA

fun with benchmarks

http://blogs.gnome.org/otte/2010/06/26/fun-with-benchmarks/

Related:

Btrfs v0.19 Brings Some Gains, Some Losses

,----[ Quote ]
| As we shared early on in this article, the Btrfs v0.19 notes mention, "In
| general, v0.19 is a dramatic speed improvement over v0.18 in almost every
| workload." From our Btrfs file-system tests today, this is partially true. We
| encountered several tests where there were indeed hefty speed-ups in
| performance with the Serial ATA 2.0 SSD being tested, but in other tests,
| there was a very evident drop in performance. Specifically, the write
| performance always seemed to be better, but that was not always the case for
| the read performance. There was generally a 14~16% drop in performance when
| this problem occurred. Granted, due to the differing kernels and just not the
| Btrfs difference, this could be attributed to something else within the Linux
| kernel, but nevertheless this does show some signs of problems with the
| newest Linux code.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=btrfs_019&num=1

Linux KVM virtualization gains steam in cloud computing market

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/042010-linux-kvm-virtualization.html